¿Como te llamas?
Get it? …llamas? ¿Como te LLAMAS? I know, it’s great! And it’s ready for you to download and print now!
Fun Facts About Llamas:
- They are related to camels
- They are social animals
- They DO spit!
- When used as pack animals, they can carry up to one third of their body weight!
- They don’t like to wear orange sunglasses. Actually, who knows, they might…
Here’s the last one for this set, and it’s one in a million…just like “ewe”!
Formatted to print as an 8×10 art print AND an A6 fold over card! Get this week’s Freebie Friday before it’s gone! BTW, this one isn’t even available for sale in my Etsy shop yet. Talk about exclusive, right?!
Fun Facts About Sheep
- Domestic sheep’s wool will grow forever. Depending on the breed, sheep typically produce between 2 and 30 pounds of wool a year
- One pound of wool can produce 10 miles of yarn!
- Many early presidents raised sheep. In fact, Woodrow Wilson kept a flock at the white house during World War I to keep the grass trimmed as a cost-saving measure
- Sheep have rectangular pupils that allow them to have a field of vision of nearly 320 degrees
- In 1996, a sheep named Dolly was the first mammal to be cloned from a somatic cell
Other News on MeganHStudio
As the world comes closer to overcoming this pandemic, think of the things we’ll have to celebrate! I’m here now, and I’ll be there then to help you celebrate the birthdays, babies, retirements, graduations, and the coaches and teachers with a wide selection of Fingerprint Guestbook Alternatives and art prints available.
Also, just released: VIRTUAL fingerprint tree gifts to thank your teachers this year! Since school is closed for many students, gathering everyone up to add their fingerprints to a fingerprint tree as a gift for teachers isn’t a possibility…BUT I can add VIRTUAL fingerprints! See how it works.
I’d “Moove” Mountains for You!
This week there is another art print and A6 fold over card waiting for you to download for Freebie Friday (pun included!). Send a note to a friend, or print up an 8×10 to frame and add to your décor! Get it here before it’s even available for sale in my Etsy shop!
Fun Facts About Cows
- Cows are red/green colorblind…so that red cape in bull fights? I don’t know either!
- They can see nearly 360 degrees
- A cow drinks enough water every day to fill up an entire bathtub
- They have no upper front teeth
- Cows can live to be about 20 years old
Get yours here!
As the pandemic continues, there will be a new freebie here for you every Friday for a limited time! Shoot, if it last long enough, every room in your house will be outfitted with some clever puns and cute hand drawn animals. More art prints and fingerprint trees like this are available for purchase in my Etsy shop!
Is school closed for your kids? Chances are, their teachers are still busting their buns to put together Zoom meetings, distance learning packets, and seriously missing their classroom full of students right now. And it’s probably breaking their hearts that they may have had the last in-person day of school for the year, and not even known it at the time.
This time of the year, fingerprint tree thank you gifts are usually my biggest seller. But without kids in class to add fingerprints to a picture (and because fingerprints = germs), it sure makes it hard to create a thoughtful end-of-the-year gift from the whole class. I’m still committed to being a part of thanking teachers! I’ve put together a VIRTUAL option for the teacher appreciation-themed fingerprint trees I have.
How it Works:
- Pick the style you like best (fingerprint tree, dandelions, or hot air balloon)
- Pick the size you want (8×10, 11×14, or 12×16 inches)
- Enter how you want the text personalized
- Included a list of students’ names
- I’ll add illustrated “fingerprints” and the students’ names digitally
- Print it on heavyweight cardstock
- Ship it out to you or your teacher’s school!
No actual fingerprints (or germs), no shuttling around town to every student’s house, no fretting over that one kid who puts a fingerprint in a goofy spot; I take care of all the tricky stuff for you, and your kids’ teachers still get a memorable keepsake of the year we were all stuck at home!
Get yours here!
BTW, it works great for teacher’s aides and other classroom helpers too!
At the moment, I’m only offering this virtual option on my Teacher Appreciation designs, but if you’re having a virtual baby shower or a drive-by birthday party and would like one, just let me know!
This Little Piggy Stayed Home
Whether your state is still on lock down, or if you were quarantining before it was cool (Hello, Homebodies!), this little piggy is just what you need! Plus, it comes in 2 formats:
- an 8×10 inch art print
- an A6 fold over card
So whether you’re checking in on a friend with a note in the mail, or want to add a little piggy to your home decor, go check out this week’s Freebie Friday! Download it, print it, frame it, or send it!
Fun Facts about pigs
- Pig’s don’t actually sweat! They roll around in the mud or water to keep cool
- Pigs are very smart; Winston Churchill once famously said about pigs, “Dogs look up to man. Cats look down to man. Pigs look us straight in the eye and see an equal.”
- An adult pig can run up to 11 mph
- In Denmark, there are twice as many pigs as there are people
- Pigs dream!
I’ve been working hard on a VIRTUAL fingerprint tree option, and it’s just about ready! Stay tuned for more info!
Stay safe out there!
School closed? No probLLAMA. Working from home? Or not working at all? No probLLAMA. Going crazy looking at your walls? Your kids? Your Pets? Your TV? The scale? I’ll say it again: no probLLAMA! Because chances are, we’re all stressing about a lot of the same things. And even though some days are tougher than others, we got this!
Click here for this week’s Freebie Friday! You can download, print, frame and display this as a reminder to that no matter how rough your day is while you’re locked in your home, it’s no probLLAMA! Because things will get better!
And, if you’ve been paying attention for the last few weeks, you officially have a whole set of desert themed art prints with a tortoise, armadillo, and now this llama!
More art prints and fingerprint guestbooks available to purchase:
I’m willing to bet that your Easter party isn’t going to be widely attended this year. You can still commemorate the day with your choice of a Easter Bunny fingerprint guestbook alternative!
Gather your spouse, your kids, or your cats on Sunday! Have everyone add a fingerprint and sign their name as balloons, then you can frame it as a keepsake!
Pick the one you want to download and print for this week’s Freebie Friday!
This week, we’re continuing with another desert animal: the armadillo–not only is it a fun word to say, but they’re pretty interesting creatures!
Fun Facts About Armadillos:
- The name Armadillo means “little armored one”
- Nine-banded armadillos always have identical quadruplets; seven-banded armadillos have 8-15 identical pups at one time!
- The Giant Armadillo of South America regularly grows to be 5 feet in length
- There is a 5-inch long armadillo with a pink shell called the “Pink Fairy Armadillo”
See? They really are the real DILLO!
Plus, check back every Friday for a new Freebie Friday download! And when you’re ready to celebrate the new babies, weddings, anniversaries, retirements, birthdays, teachers and coaches in your life, I’ll be here with the latest and greatest fingerprint guestbooks for you to choose from 🙂
In March of 2020 things changed for a lot of people. For MeganHStudio, things came to a grinding halt *queue screeching brakes* as restrictions on gatherings and celebrations became part of daily life.
My stats fell off a cliff: A Visual:
Most of my art work is used to celebrate special life events: baby showers, birthdays, retirement parties, etc. And now that a lot of those celebrations aren’t happening in the same way, I find myself with a bit of extra time on my hands.
Up until now, I’ve used my website as a resource for people looking for party ideas and to ensure customers have another way to contact and connect with me. Well, it’s time to pivot now that I’m trying to figure out a way to retro-fit my printer in a parachute so that I don’t crash land.
I’m an artist selling my work on Etsy and Amazon Handmade. I specialize in fingerprint trees and guestbook alternatives for people to use at their special events. Guests add their fingerprint and sign their name as leaves on a tree, balloons on a string, or petals on a flower. Then the picture can be framed as a keepsake. I have art prints and invitations too, of course.
These last few weeks, I find myself with some time on my hands as my orders have flatlined. It’s not all bad. Like many of you, a lot of my time is filled with attempting to home school a kindergartener and a second grader, while also entertaining a one-year-old. But I’m spending my remaining free time working on new things; checking a few things off the to-do list that has done nothing but grow the last few years.
It’s Officially Freebie Friday!
While we work on ending this pandemic, my website will include free downloads for you for a limited time! While things are slow, every Friday you can come here to see a free download–maybe an art print, a fingerprint tree, or maybe even a coloring page or two! We’ll see where this adventure takes us! You can start here with the first Freebie Friday.
[NOTE: As business has started to pick up, Freebie Friday has been discontinued for the time being!]
I’ll Be Here
And when you’re ready to celebrate all those things that so deserve to be celebrated—the new babies, the birthdays, the weddings and anniversaries, the teachers and coaches—I’ll be here. And I’ll have a bunch of new stuff ready for you to choose from, too 🙂 Shop Now